Focused on Applied Research through Cal Poly's "Learn By Doing" Philosophy.
Our polytechnic, interdisciplinary focus gives us a great advantage in solving today’s scientific and technical challenges, which often cross traditional academic disciplines. Our unique approach creates a superb environment for:
- Business partnerships for R&D projects and programs
- Pre-award services for nonprofit/foundation sponsored project proposals
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) research and development engagement activities
- Commercialization of Faculty/Student/Staff research through Technology Transfer
- High-Tech Economic Development and Applied Innovation
Corporate Engagement and Innovation at Cal Poly (CEI) assists university innovators and industry partners in:
- Researcher/Faculty proposal development and agreement negotiation with for-profit companies
- Confidentiality and collaboration agreements including research contracts
- Assessment for patent/IP protection through the Tech Transfer office
- Marketing/commercializing innovation with industry partners
CEI also manages Cal Poly's Technology Park.
Several different mechanisms are available to work with industry partners depending on the type of collaboration.
Cal Poly welcomes the opportunity to join with private companies in partnerships that are mutually beneficial.
Cal Poly has an active technology transfer program helping translate the university's intellectual property into commercial practice for public good.
Cal Poly's hands-on approach to learning and research translates into need-based, practical innovations for business.