Industry Supported Student Project (ISSP) Form and Instructions
Industry Supported Student Project (ISSP)
Industry Supported Student Projects, or ISSPs, is a streamlined contracting process designed to allow businesses or individuals the ability to sponsor a student-based project. These projects are typically completed by a team of students as part of their capstone course and usually result in a report that is presented to the sponsor
Faculty Principal Investigators: Click the form link which will redirect you to an AdobeSign page which will start the workflow process for your ISSP project. Fill in all the required assigned fields for your role (Participant 1). You will need to know the sponsors name, final scope of work, budget, and the name and contact information for the technical/administrative contact and authorized signer for the sponsor. When you complete Participant 1 fields and the workflow will send the form to the Sponsor to partially execute the agreement.
ISSP FORM (START WORKFLOW)
- You as the Principal Investigator will start the process and you will fill in all the required assigned fields for your role (AdobeSign - Participant 1).
- You will need to know the sponsors name, final scope of work, budget, and the name and contact information for the technical/administrative contact (AdobeSign Participant 2) and authorized signer (AdobeSign Participant 3) for the sponsor.
- The Principal Investigator will also upload the required documentation used by Cal Poly Research Integrity and Compliance to review the proposed project for compliance.
- When you complete the required fields, upload the compliance document, and start the workflow, the ISSP contract will be sent to the Sponsor to partially execute the agreement.
- The CEI office will receive the partially executed agreement from the Sponsor and we will initiate the formal internal approval process, following our standard internal reviews.
- Once the project has received campus approval the CEI office will execute the agreement and send all parties a copy of the agreement and a call to start the project with your student team(s).